Master of Science of Biomedical Sciences Admission Requirements
These are tough times for everyone and we realize that students are having trouble scheduling and taking the MCAT, DAT, PCAT and other standardized admissions tests. For that reason, we are suspending our test score requirement for all applicants to the Master of Science of Biomedical Sciences for the 2021-2022 academic year. We will review all applications, regardless of whether or not they have completed a standardized test.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Competitive GPA and test scores
- For the 2021-2022 application cycle with the current health situation, KCU has elected to waive the graduate test requirement for applicants (see statement above.)
- Examples of competitive test scores:
- 495 MCAT
- (Scores are accepted three years prior to entry, i.e., for Fall 2021 entry scores need to be May 2018 or later. All scores need to be the new MCAT scores.)
- 150 on each section for GRE; 4.0 writing score
- 17 DAT
- For other test types, please contact the Office of Admissions for competitive scores.
- Competitive GPA of a 3.0 overall and in the sciences
- While KCU likes to see a 3.0 GPA, we will review applicants with lower GPA's who show an upward trend throughout their academic career.
- 495 MCAT
- Prerequisite coursework: must be completed with no less than a C and official
transcriptions available showing completion by July 1 of matriculation year
- Biological Sciences – 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours)
- Chemistry – 13 semester hours (19.5 quarter hour)
- Physics – 8 semester hours (12 quarter hours)
- Oral and written communication skills
- Supporting documents for an application file
- Additional matriculation requirements if an offer of admission is extended