Holy Family Memorial
Holy Family Memorial is recognized as the leader and largest provider of health care services in Manitowoc County. Our network of more than 900 health care professionals is committed to providing patients and their families with top quality, efficient personal care to create a healthier community.
- Our network services include an inpatient and outpatient medical center, walk-in care, more than 15 clinics, retail pharmacies, a medically-based wellness center and a state-of-the-art rehab facility.
- Our regional orthopedic specialty clinic, Lakeshore Orthopedics, is nationally known with service in Manitowoc and Sheboygan.
- Our providers have been recognized by the Joint Commission for excellent surgical outcomes.
- Our Cancer Center is part of the Regional Cancer Collaborative composed of nine regional hospitals fighting cancer in northeast Wisconsin. Holy Family Memorial's Cancer Center was named as one of the top 75 cancer centers in America.
- Our Heart and Vascular Center is the only facility in Manitowoc County with full-time local cardiologists and a cardiac catheterization lab, providing care 24/7.
- Our center has been recognized as a gold star performer from the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiologists, with outstanding door to balloon times well below the national average.
- Women’s services are also available through our numerous clinics, including HFM Women’s Health and our Women’s Imaging Center.
As a Catholic health care system, Holy Family Memorial is part of something larger; an entity that has been meeting health care needs in the United States before it was the United States. We, and our peers across this nation, are committed to providing care to patients and transforming hurt into hope. Rooted in our mission and guided by our vision, we epitomize quality, compassionate and respectful care through all life stages.
- Orthopedic Speciality Care
- Interventional Cardiology
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine/Midwestern University
- KCU College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Total Beds - 67
- Admissions - 2,770
- ER Visits - 12,897
- Births - 234
- Inpatient Surgeries - 1,020
- Outpatient Surgeries - 2,721
- DOs on Staff - 6
- MDs on Staff - 54
- Family Medicine (1 month) - Outpatient
- Internal Medicine (2 months) - Inpatient/Outpatient
- Ob/Gyn (1 month) - Inpatient/Outpatient
- Pediatrics (1 month) - Outpatient
- Psychiatry (1 month) - Outpatient
- Surgery (2 months) - Inpatient/Outpatient
This site schedules clinical experiences in one month increments.
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- as well as various sub-specialties as available
Resources & Benefits
- Facility Resources: Students have access to a classroom, computers, printer, online medical library, study area/lounge, Wi-fi/internet while on duty at the hospital and most clinics
- Meal Benefits: Unavailable at this time
- Visiting Student Housing: May be available, not guaranteed
Duties & Opportunities
- Student Duties: Students are required to participate in weekend call and two weekend rounds per month and as assigned by the preceptor
- Didactic Opportunities: Students required to participate in daily patient rounds and assigned reading as well as monthly lectures; students also invited to various CME opportunities in Wisconsin and Illinois throughout the academic year at no additional expense
- OMT/OPP Opportunities: Students required to participate in monthly skills development
Unique Site Characteristics
- Background check required
- BLS certification must be current
- Global Track Students must communicate third-year clerkship obligations to site as soon as the Clerkship Match Process is finalized
- Military Track Students must communicate third-year clerkship obligations to site as soon as the Clerkship Match Process is finalized
- NBOME COMAT Subject Exams taken at a Prometric Testing Center (testing accommodations other than extra time may not be available)
- Orientation provided on the first day of the clerkship
- Proof of current immunizations required
- TB screening required within the past year
- TB Mask Fit required
- Third-year students provided a laptop computer and Dragon PowerMic for EHR use during year three at Holy Family Memorial for EHR - documentation via voice dictation is welcomed and encouraged
- Travel required to meet third-year residency clerkship requirement
- Wisconsin Caregiver Background Check required, at cost to student
Additions or changes to this site's information may occur at any time - information last updated 10/14/19