Affiliates & Resources
If you are exploring educational opportunities, or have made a decision to do your residency at one of our affiliate programs, you will be joining a dynamic educational consortium. KCU-GME relies on our valued partnerships with our training sites and teaching faculty as we strive to provide high-quality graduate medical education to our trainees.
We invite freestanding hospitals and health care institutions providing medical education to medical students, interns and residents to join KCU-GME Consortium.
The conditions of membership for affiliate members in the KCU-GME Consortium are:
- Acknowledgement of KCU-GME Consortium requirements by contributing to the consortium's AOA annual report and/or ACGME annual institutional review
- Bylaws in place which note equivalence of specialty certification by the American Board of Medical Specialties for the purpose of obtaining hospital privileges
- Notification to the consortium of any subsequent, substantive program change(s) made, accompanied by follow-up notification to the appropriate Specialty College or ACGME RC
Physicians must continually focus on professional development and furthering their understanding the scientific advances in medicine. A primary goal of KCU-GME Consortium is to promote and support the scholarly efforts of our affiliates.
As an affiliate, you are provided with several resources.
Research Opportunities and Resources
- Search comprehensive databases and sign up for email alerts
- Sponsorship and grants: Proposal review and grant funding applications
- Compliance protocol review and Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Certification of human subjects protection training through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
- Survey development and deployment
- Statistical analysis
- Collaboration with Basic Science faculty
- Utilization of KCU facilities upon request
- Research at the KCU D'Angelo Library
- Resident Library Resources
- Academic Calendar
- Anatomy Lab
- Simulation Lab