Voices and Stories
This page is dedicated to the voices that have helped to create the KCU Diversity, Equity and Inclusion story: students, faculty, staff, alumni, partners and visitors.
KCU Voices and Stories of Diversity
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Monthly Video News
KCU's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion monthly video news provides updates on the university's DE&I efforts, and provides helpful and educational information on our monthly observances borrowed from the Library of Congress. (Watch all issues of the video news below.)
Monthly Observances in 2021
- January: Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Jan. 18)
- February: African American History Month
- March: Women’s History Month and Irish-American History Month
- April: Celebrate Diversity Month and Religious Holidays (Easter, Passover, Ramadan)
- May: Asian and Pacific Heritage Month, Jewish-American Heritage Month and Harvey Milk Day (May 22)
- June: LGBTQ+ Pride Month and Juneteenth (June 19)
- August: Women’s Equality Day (Aug. 26)
- September: National Hispanic Heritage Month
- October: National Disability Employment Awareness Month and LGBTQ History Month
- November: American Indian Heritage Month
- December: Human Rights Month; Human Rights Day (Dec. 10)
KCU Voices - Submit your Story
What obstacles of diversity, equity and inclusion have you overcome? What inspires you? What have your experiences taught you?
You can participate in our story-telling effort by sharing a story or content that captures your experience with diversity, equity and inclusion.